Thursday 3 May 2012

got baptised, let hannah tattoo me and finished uni

been so busy but amongst it all God is faithful, even when i am not
been reading the Old Testament and it's amazing..
I love how God included so much of history in the Bible, all about the tribe of Judah, the tribe Jesus came from.
I love how he knew we would want to know
but throughout all that i've read, and all that i know about my God i am continually astonished by how much her refuses to give up on us.
Was reading Daniel last night and the kings just make the same mistakes over and over and over again,
but God is constantly in pursuit of the hearts of the human race

these past couple of weeks i've felt like giving up on alot of stuff, on alot of people and on myself..
on university, i had written all of my dissertation, apart from the introduction and it was a huge struggle..more than once i thought about just sacking it all of, and giving up..
but God wants me to work with young people, to do that i really need a degree..and now i'm finished, the people i care about are proud of me, i can do the work God has for me.
don't give up on God's plan

like i said before i do really struggle with people and sometimes i've really drawn a line under a relationship and just be like i'm done with you, i'll try to love you but we are never gonna be friends..
but Jesus never saw people like that, thankfully! and Jesus has the final word, so i'm going to try and try to be your friend no matter how many times you cut me down i'm afraid.
don't give up on people because no doubt God has a purpose for them in your life

i never planned to get baptised, ALC was having a baptismal service, which i knew about but i didn't sign up for, even though it was something that had been on my mind. Walked into church on Sunday night and my Pastor said to me, sophie, are you getting baptised tonight? I said no, he said i think that will change...
then during worship my heart started pounding, but i couldn't get baptised, i didn't have clothes, or a towel and my mum wasn't there and i wasn't prepared...
During Daves talk he challenged all of my excuses, you don't have to be prepared, we have swim shorts, tshirts and towels for anyone who wants to get baptised tonight, and we will be taking pictures for your family..
i went to the back and started freaking out, i realised the real reason i didn't want to get baptised, i was too scared to declare in front of my church that i was a christian, because i knew i would mess it all up again...i was crying my heart out and so scared. i knew what i had to do but i couldn't do it, my flesh was fighting it too much..i was praying and just saying 'i can't do it, i'll mess up' and i just heard God say 'i don't care...'
don't give up on yourself
you're never gonna get better at being a Christian, you will always sin, God doesn't care.
and this week i made some really bad choices and had a foul attitude in some things..but it's paid for and forgiven.



i let my friend tattoo me with india ink and a safety pin, a tiny cross on my wedding finger...
i am God's before i am anyone else's


2 comments:

  1. Hi... Just saw this post in my feed reader and wanted to quickly post a comment to congratulate you on finishing uni AND the unplanned baptism!! I’m loving the timing - what a wonderful way to start this new chapter of life! :)
    I also love the symbolism of your latest tattoo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have tears in my eyes... :)
    i love your life.

    ReplyDelete