Thursday 8 March 2012

psalm 46

"be still and know that i am God"


this took on a whole knew meaning for me today
go read psalm 46
go listen to 'be still' by the fray
God has been trying to get me to focus on this all day, 
all week actually
psalm46v10 psalm46v10
and i've been ignoring it
i ruined dinner tonight, spent ages making a lasagne and then dropped it
always busy, never stop except to sleep a little
and i am absolutely loving every minute of this season
its been so long since i was busy
busy doing things i love and growing and sharing
but today i realised that all these things are going on and i am trying to control it all
and i can't
because i know in my heart that God is God..i am not
"be still and know that i am God"
"sit still for one minute, quiet your mind, and remember that I am sovereign"
surrender
GIVE IT UP
but i didn't want to 
to much to do, i'll have my Jesus time before bed and we'll talk then
then i get a text, telling me to listen to a song called be still by the fray..
haha point taken




my dissertation, my projects, my placement revolve around him..
he does not revolve around them
he is the centre
he is God


when things are really hectic you might not have time to sit and ponder but just re-align your thinking
when you feel overwhelmed know that he is God
listen to the language of heaven that will whisper peace and hope to your heart


phil4v7
"and the peace of God, 
which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds
in Jesus Christ.."


1 comment:

  1. daniel would pray i forget exact number, but i believe 3 times a day. we need to make that a practice, to take time just to be still. more than once a day. esp when things are hectic!
    thanks sopey! :)

    ReplyDelete