Friday 13 May 2011

dear heart, how like you this...?

become quite obsessed with this poem by Sir Thomas Wyatt..there was an article about it in vogue, comparing the relationship between Anne Boleyn and Henry the Eighth and Will and Kate...And this Wyatt was one of King Henry's lads, but he was in love with Anne Boleyn too!apparently any way...and there's just this one line and it says "...There withal sweetly did me kiss, and softly say, 'dear heart, how like you this?'" and i just love it..

at the minute i also love Psalm 62..you know the way sometimes a chapter is just in your head..like i kept thinking over and over psalm 62..so i was sure i musta read it before but turns out i hadn't...but I'm swiftly falling in love with itt..trying to learn some of it off by heart..i love verses1-2 and 5-6..they're pretty similar but they just talk about finding rest in God and putting my hope in him..since being back in Leeds theres been days when I've felt really defeated..like i didn't think i could do it..and God was just chuckling away, like 'Sophie, you cant do it...we've been through this beforee..get up and wise up and KNOW that i am the only thing that satisfies and i am BIGGER than anything in this world and i LOVE you..' Thank you God for saving me!!And then i am just so blessed...faced some funny reactions in Leeds to this sudden change in my behaviour..the most common one is laughter..and also then people just say that it wont last...But there are people, who i love ALOT who are encouraging me too and its awesome..
I also love v11-12...where it talks about God is strong and he loves me..theres a Jon Foreman song based on the same thing..Called Your Love Is Strong funny enough..but its awesome..like God is strong, and he loves us..but his love is strong too!flip yes!

Also at the minute just loving Come Thou Fount..listened to the Sufjan Stevens version about a hundred times..it just fills me with serious amounts of joy..just the most beautiful lyrics..

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount, I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love
.

Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,
Till released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I'll begin;
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.

Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood;
How His kindness yet pursues me
Mortal tongue can never tell,
Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me
I cannot proclaim it well.

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.


O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen

How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.



(next tattoo maybe?we shall see)


so Leeds is great..got involved with the student life group..which is kinda like a house group i think..going to that next week, and helping out with a big youth event they're having at the end of the month!!In church i was like right I'm gonna go speak to someone at the end to get more involved but of course i got too scaredd...ahahaa but someone came over to us!!and was like hi, just noticed you were knew wanted to come say hi..me and Hannah were like uhh we've been coming here since September..But i think like when you don't wanna be involved in church you wont be..cause i had opened my heart to a church (scary) people noticed!so i asked her about house group and then we got chatting and i said i did youth work at uni and she was like ooh you have to help out..hahaaa which is awesome!God is def looking out for me even when I'm too scared!


definitely think Gods working on some anger issues in me too..ha I've noticed that its like my default emotion?that when something goes wrong i just get angry!!and I've noticed past couple of times when something happens that normally i would kick right off at, i haven't..actually managed to be quite rational for once which is definitely not me..


writing alot of letters at the minute..to people but like not actually giving them..i might one day, depends how things turn out..but i learnt when i was in America that i find it really difficult when I'm feeling something not to just say it..cause i am learning, slowly but surely, that sometimes theres


going to the gym alot, which is horrid but good...determined to lose the America weight from various peanut flavoured goods...


watched million pound drop tonight with Danielle, and we played along online...honestly thought i was gonna throw up i was laughing that hard..we are going on that show like!


another edit..learning alot about singleness, reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye..and i like it!a bit extreme in parts but good..and i am happy being single!which for me is bizarre..i really had to get to a point where God had said, what if i ask you to be single for the rest of your life?and i would be ok with that!when He first asked me i flipped..God is very blunt with me alot..and i was like just like WHAT?ehh i will not be single for the rest of my life..and he was like well what if thats what i want for you...and i was like...oh..hahaa.obv it would be hard, but then my whole entire heart would belong to Jesus and noone else and that excites me!however i have a desire for a family and i believe thats from God..but we so often view singleness as a time of want and striving for relationships..but God has you and me single for a reason and you had better believe he's gonna use that time to change you heart..to conform you to his will to be the image of Christ..


God is good..in all things.
read psalm62, and 57.

No comments:

Post a Comment