Wednesday 9 November 2011

your love is better than life itself

i love train/bus stations and airports
i travel quite alot back and forth to uni and to different cities visiting friends
this involves spending time waiting around and people watching
there is something so sweet about two people meeting after they have been separated
you don't know how long for but one has just got off the train/bus/plane and the other couldn't be happier about it
it's so beautiful to see the love in the relationship
its almost too intimate to watch but yet i always do
and it always makes me smile
this is how i feel after a long day and spending time alone with Jesus
like thank goodness you're here
he puts his arm around my shoulder and gives me a squeeze
and this is were i belong
i am safe here nestled under his shoulder
i have confidence in him
my identity in him is much more secure when i walk every day with him
but the world is there and they bang into us and sometimes we get separated
however he won't let me wander alone for long
his fingertips always find mine
i think sometimes he lets me walk alone just so i remember how grey and sharp the world is without it's maker to show me the beauty and the guidelines
and when i get to spend time alone with him, it is a blessing
i cherish these times when i read and pray and sing and cry because sometimes i have no other way of showing the emotion and he shows me more of him
how he loves me
and how vast and majestic and raw the Father is
lion of Judah
and i find that when i am aware of his presence, and work to stay in it, talking about him and all the glorious things he has done in my life comes very naturally because we love talking about what we love
its what is in our brain among our thoughts and on our hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment