Tuesday 15 November 2011

i love you with all of my aortic pump

if dependence is the objective, weakness is an advantage
Thank Goodness.
I am so weak
in morals
in mind
in discipline
I am learning, that an extra half an hour sleep in the morning won't help
half an hour spent with God, first thing in the morning, will keep me in awe of him all day, and that will make all the difference
and i know this
but when my alarm goes off in the morning i still want to snooze!
i am weak
i am learning that i need that God time in the morning, and so if i still want to sleep as long as possible it means getting my bag ready for uni the night before, it means setting a violent alarm on my phone and leaving my phone on the other side of the room so i HAVE to get out of bed to turn it off..
i cannot sacrifice God time for sleep
discipline
disciple
thank goodness for grace
thank goodness i cannot do this by myself
i am thankful and i am blessed that God tests my heart and pushes me
so that i have no choice but to let him in
people say religion is a crutch
perhaps
but i think the situation is much much worse than a broken limb..
i need a stretcher and a full body cast
cause i CAN'T do it alone
and i don't want to
God breaks every bone in me
pride, deceit, bad attitude, greed, lust, laziness
and i am thankful
a crutch implies that Christian's are weak..
oh you are so wrong
we are ALL weak
Christians merely put earthly things into an eternity perspective and fall to our knees admitting to the world and to ourselves that we are so weak and so wicked and that we need help

so religion is not just a crutch, nor is this religion
its discipleship right from the maker
it requires discipline
counting to 3 then jumping out of bed
it requires weakness



No comments:

Post a Comment