Wednesday 19 October 2011

hurts like heaven

"Here is the deepest secret nobody knows. Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide. And this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart… I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart."


E.E.Cummings


i think i will always carry part of your heart with my heart
that is both a hard thing to accept and something that is perhaps said from a place of not being done with your heart
it does a funny thing to a person to say i love you and not hear it in return
and we both know that funny feeling like when someone pulls your seat away before you sit down
we have both done it to each other
i want to sit down with you
and talk and laugh
i would say i miss you but i have been missing you for 3 years so i'm not sure that i do any more, or maybe my missing you has become such a permanent part of my state that i don't even recognize it any more
and it was such a long time you were part of my life and suddenly you weren't but i know it wasn't sudden for you and that's not a nice thing to know
i also know God has a plan, and that is an altogether lovely thing to know 
a plan for you 
i pray you will live and dwell and flourish and grow in it

No comments:

Post a Comment