Sunday 23 October 2011

Jesus gave everything,
his life, his purity, his will, his Father and his family
so i am learning that really it shouldn't be too much for me to give up 'that' relationship, the next 3 years of my life, that bad attitude and the money that isn't mine anyway..
and i should do it joyfully and with a loving heart
like he did
when God asks you for something its with good reason..
"i want you to love me more so i'm asking for you to give that up..."
and we will be rewarded for obedience
i like being obedient
and when we aren't i have images of a father prying the grubby hands of a child from something that is bad for them..
although its not easy and the rebellious teenager in me demands, BUT WHY SHOULD I
and when God replies, "Because I say so.."
its hard not to have flashbacks to being fifteen
but He shouldn't have to give me a reason
i trust him
and
he gave his son for me

No comments:

Post a Comment